Mission and Goals: The mission of Northfield's Human Services is to provide services for individuals of low-income, the disadvantages, older adults, the disables, and those with special needs in Northfield Township and Whitmore Lake area.
Coordinating with Northfield's Human Services, our People's Express transportation service, is mission driven to provide day-to-day mobility access for the low-income, unemployed and under-employed, the disabled, older adults, single family of head households, and those with special needs in the townships of Washtenaw County.
Northfield Human Services: Located in Whitmore Lake MI, we service low-income individuals, families, and seniors with food and other basic necessities to help ease their burden of making it through these tough financial times. We also help our clients through other services.
- People's Express
- Holiday Specials
- Utility Aid, when funds available
- Applying for a Bridge Card
- Job Search and Resume
- Back-to-School Backpacks
- Social Service Aid program
- Specialized Service Transportation
We would like to thank the following groups and organizations:
- Food Gatherers of Ann Arbor
- Whitmore Lake Rod and Gun Club
- NALC (National Association of Letter Carriers)
- Costco Wholesale
- United Way
- Kiwanis Evening Club
- Living Water Churches of Whitmore Lake and Ann Arbor
- The U.S. Marines Toy-for-Tots program
- The Helen L. Kay Charitable Trust
- Whitmore Lake Public Schools
- and all the individuals and groups who donate food and make monetary donations.